Find the Best Welcome Bonuses for Canadian Players
Finding the best welcome bonus can sometimes be a challenge. There are many online casinos and almost all of them have attractive packages. They are meant to attract players to sign up on the site.
Welcome bonuses are of different types. A site may choose to offer one type or a combination of several; whatever works to bring you on board. Here we look at the different types offered to Canadian players and their requirements.
Types of Welcome Bonuses Offered
- 1. Deposit bonus - This is a certain amount offered when you deposit the minimum amount in your account. It's usually expressed in terms of a percentage of your deposit up to a certain amount. Most casinos offer 100% but it can be any percentage, even 500%. For instance, a site may offer you a deposit bonus of 200% up to $500.
- 2. Non-deposit bonus - This kind of bonus is risk-free as you do not need to deposit anything to be eligible. They are less common and usually smaller. It's a great way to test the waters if you're skeptical.
- 3. Free spins - Some sites offer you free spins as a welcome bonus. Usually, they can only be credited on some games like slots or other specified games.
- 4. Sticky bonus - This type of bonus is for wagering only and can't be withdrawn. You can only withdraw the winnings you make from it until you lose it.
- 5. Non-sticky bonus - You can withdraw it together with the winnings as long as you've fulfilled the wagering requirements.
Terms and Conditions
Although bonuses rarely have a downside, there are usually requirements to be met. It is always advisable to read and understand the requirements before you sign up. Sometimes, the free spins and chips can only be used in certain games, mostly slots.
You should also check the wagering requirements for a particular bonus. This is the number of times you should play through a bonus before you can withdraw any winnings.
Casinos add wagering requirements to prevent players from depositing, claiming the bonus then withdrawing immediately.
A wagering requirement appears as 10x, 20x, 35x, 50x, and so on. For example, if the wagering requirement is 30x the bonus and you claim $200, you'll have to wager a total of $6000 before you can withdraw.
How to Sign Up for Welcome Bonuses
When you visit an online casino, you're usually greeted with a welcome bonus. The offer may prompt you to register an account first to be eligible for the bonus. Here are the steps to follow to avoid confusion
Step 1: Enter the Account Information
You will be required to sign up with an email address and a password. Other sites may require photographic ID to verify your identity
Step 2: Read and Understand the Terms and Conditions
Make sure you've understood the r\terms and conditions including the wagering requirements before you make the first deposit.
Step 3: Look for a Bonus code
Check if the casino provides a bonus code and enter it. If you fail to input it when making your first deposit, you may miss out on the welcome bonus.
The best welcome bonuses will offer a significant amount of spins and/or bonus money and reasonable wagering requirements. If you're lucky, you might make a real profit when you play and avoid losing all winnings when wagering.